I write historical fiction, non-fiction and biography. I’m a speaker and blogger, and also lead suffrage walks for interested groups.
My historical novels to date are To The Fair Land; and the Dan Foster Mystery Series comprising Bloodie Bones (joint winner the Historical Novel Society Indie Award 2016; semi finalist for the M M Bennetts Historical Fiction Award 2016); The Butcher’s Block (IndieBRAG Medallion, Chill With A Book Readers’ Award), Death Makes No Distinction (Indie BRAG Medallion; Discovering Diamonds Book of the Month; Chill With a Book Premier Readers’ Award), and the latest in the series, due in September 2022, The Contraband Killings.
Find out more in Lucienne Boyce Biography (pdf document).
Talks, Walks, Interviews
Topics I’ve covered in my talks include:-
- Researching ordinary lives in the eighteenth century.
- Aspects of eighteenth-century history, eg pugilism, enclosures, exploration.
- The suffrage campaign in Bristol and other areas; the campaign in Wales.
- The anti-suffrage movement.
- The franchise campaign and the First World War.
- Women and the Peace Campaign
- Historical research/writing historical fiction.
- Self publishing.
I also lead guided walks about the Bristol suffragettes.
For details of forthcoming events see my Diary page.
Author Photograph: Angela Fitch Photography