I write historical fiction, non-fiction and biography. I’m a speaker and blogger, and also lead suffrage walks for interested groups.
My historical novels to date are To The Fair Land; and the Dan Foster Mystery Series comprising Bloodie Bones (joint winner the Historical Novel Society Indie Award 2016; semi finalist for the M M Bennetts Historical Fiction Award 2016); The Butcher’s Block (IndieBRAG Medallion, Chill With A Book Readers’ Award), Death Makes No Distinction (Indie BRAG Medallion; Discovering Diamonds Book of the Month; Chill With a Book Premier Readers’ Award), and the latest in the series, The Contraband Killings. The Fatal Coin is a Dan Foster Mystery prequel novella.
Find out more in Lucienne Boyce Biography 2023 (pdf document).
Talks, Walks, Interviews
Topics I’ve covered in my talks include:-
- Researching ordinary lives in the eighteenth century.
- Aspects of eighteenth-century history, eg pugilism, enclosures, exploration.
- The suffrage campaign in Bristol and other areas; the campaign in Wales.
- The anti-suffrage movement.
- The franchise campaign and the First World War.
- Women and the Peace Campaign
- Historical research/writing historical fiction.
- Self publishing.
I also lead guided walks about the Bristol suffragettes.
For details of forthcoming events see my Diary page.
Author Photograph: Angela Fitch Photography